Thursday 2 April 2009

New book out TODAY

My new book, The Complete Guide to IVF , is out today, published by Piatkus. If you're considering IVF, having iVF or just want to know more about the subject I hope it will be really helpful.

I spent far too long researching it, partly because I found it absolutely fascinating to spend time behind the scenes at fertility clinics and to have the opportunity to quiz consultants, fertility nurses, embryologists and counsellors about their perspective on the subject, at the same time as talking to many patients. I hope that has paid of in terms of the detailed information the book contains. I don't have a scientific background myself, and I think in many ways it was an advantage when it came to writing this book. I had to get people to simplify their explanations so that I could understand them and was never ever afraid of asking really stupid questions which means it is certainly written in a way that makes the sometimes complex treatments very simple to understand.

I hope you'll enjoy reading it - and do get in touch via my website www.katebrian.co.uk if you want to know more.

No comments: