Sunday 8 May 2011

New support group for lesbian mothers-to-be

I went to a meeting this morning organised by a great new support group for lesbians who are thinking about having children. LGroup Families - www.lgroupfamilies.org.uk - was set up by a lesbian couple whose own experiences when they decided they'd like to start a family convinced them of the need for more support and advice. The group organises monthly workshops, often with speakers, for lesbians who want to know more about their options. The group can help women access information and help, and make them aware that they may seek help within the NHS as well as at expensive private clinics.

The group is also now starting meetings for pregnant women and for those who have children which will provide not only an opportunity to get together with others, but may also provide practical advice. Do have a look at the website and event listings to find out more.

2 comments:

Rebecca Scambler said...

Hello, I just wanted to thank you for this link. I'm a single lesbian women due to have my first try at IUI in a few weeks time. I've just started an anonymous blog on my experiences at the clinic I am going to and wondered if you knew of any other blogs like this? I have found articles and forums so helpful in helping me through the different decisions for treatment options and donor choices etc and would love to see if there are any blogs by women going through the same process. Thanks

fertilityviews said...

I don't know of any other blogs like yours, but it certainly sounds really interesting. I'd recommend getting in touch with the lovely team at LGroup families as they may know of other women writing about similar issues. And good luck with the IUI!
Kate